Recreational Wellness Has Residents on the Move
Just because you love your home doesn’t mean that it isn’t fun to get away once in a while. At Sharon Towers, our residents enjoy group excursions to area events and cultural activities. Sometimes we even go out of town for a special occasion. Whether it’s music, sports or just taking in the beauty of nature, being active and enjoying the company of friends is always a focus of our wellness program.
Here are a few of the outings planned for the coming months:
- Join us for a ceramics class and tour at Clayworks. Clayworks is dedicated to the promotion of ceramic arts, advancement of artists and students, and enrichment of the communities is serves.
- “It’s All in Your Mind! The Basics of a Fit and Strong Brain”– Do you have the feeling that you’re not as sharp as you used to be? Do you think that aging means having to cope with a slower, less efficient brain? Do you worry that you’ll eventually develop Alzheimer’s disease or other form of dementia? If you do, this engaging presentation is for you. Presented by Jeanette Leardi, Social Gerontologist and Community Educator.
- Dynamic performer, Sarah Lynn Stephens returns for “Saranade with Sarah” in Hunter Hall. Sarah has a beautiful voice and plays the cello, ukulele and even a dog biscuit container. You will love her!
- Cheering on our Charlotte Hornets at a home basketball game.
- We’re heading to CPCC’s Halton Theater to see A Chorus Line. This will be the first time this production has been on the Halton stage as the musical celebrates its 40th anniversary year.
- Save the date! The bus will be heading to a Total Solar Eclipse Tailgate at the South Carolina State Fair with WLTX. A total solar eclipse has not been seen in the U.S. since 1979, and Columbia S.C. will be a prime location to see the upcoming eclipse on August 21, 2017. Don’t miss it!
For more information on how Sharon Towers uses planned group outings to keep our residents active and engaged, call us at 704-556-3231, or fill out our Contact Form and we’ll be in touch.