Recreational Wellness Has Residents on the Move
Just because you love your home doesn’t mean that it isn’t fun to get away once in a while. At Sharon Towers, our residents enjoy group excursions to area events and cultural activities. Sometimes we even go out of town for a special occasion. Whether it’s music, sports or just taking in the beauty of nature, being active and enjoying the company of friends is always a focus of our wellness program.
Here are a few of the outings planned for the coming months:
- Join us for our Fall Enrichment Seminar Series featuring guest speakers- Dr. Jim Sasser, former CPCC history professor; Frank Dominguez, General Manager and Content Director with WDAV; and Dr. Tom Hanchett, retired historian for Levine Museum.
- A Symphony of Sound, the Queen City Ringers, a community handbell ensemble from Charlotte, NC, brings music and excitement to Sharon Towers in December.
- Toss a bean bag with us at our quarterly Corn Hole Tournaments.
- We’re heading to CPCC’s Halton Theater for Charlotte Civic Orchestra presents Christmas Extravaganza 2017. Come celebrate an evening of exhilarating holiday entertainment with the Charlotte Civic Orchestra! The 2017 Christmas Extravaganza concert will feature over 300 performers including the 70 member orchestra, the Holiday Singers, the Charlotte City Ballet, the Encore Dancers, soloist Quintessa Harper, and the spectacular combined choruses of Providence High and South Meck.
- Save the date! In November we head to the Mint Museum- Randolph for the Charlotte Collects: Contemporary Couture and Fabulous Fashion exhibit. Focused on 21st century long gowns, from cocktail attire to wedding gowns, this exhibit highlights the meticulous craftsmanship, attention to detail and fine materials characteristic of haute couture.
For more information on how Sharon Towers uses planned group outings to keep our residents active and engaged, call us at 704-556-3231, or fill out our Contact Form and we’ll be in touch.